Podcast: Play in new window | Download (36.7MB)
Steve & Grant are at Oshkosh along with Bas Scheffers, David Vanderhoof and a large number of other aviation podcasters, swimming in the sea of aviation that is AirVenture Oshkosh 2011. Grant & Bas have been here since Saturday while Steve & David arrived on Sunday. We’ve recorded with the Airplane Geeks, producing an episode with Peter Moll (director of Wittman Regional Airport – @wittmanairport on Twitter) recorded in his office.
Today was the first full day we were all here and also the first official day of the show. We’ve started gathering content and have assembled some items together to create our first show episode:
- Steve reconnects with Kent Pietsch who we last spoke to back at Avalon earlier this year (in Episode 6 of our show daily coverage)
- David interviews Brandon with his Super Cub
- Bas records some chats with folks in the light-sport (Recreational) area:
- Sportair USA
- Snap Aero with their “Snap” aircraft
- Mike Hanson from Hanson Air Group regarding the FK Lightplanes Fk12 biplane
- Steve talks with Pablo Alvarez about international pilot admissions at Embry Riddle University
We then wrap up the episode with a group discussion featuring Dave Allen, Bill Williams, Kent Shook, Pilot Damon, Stu Stevenson & David Vanderhoof.