Podcast: Play in new window | Download (65.4MB)
Thanks to the support of OzRunways, Steve was able to go to Adelaide to attend the Parafield Airshow where he spent the day with Bas recording interviews. After learning his lesson at Tyabb, Steve kept the sunscreen flowing and got through the day with a good stack of interviews & no sunburn :)
Steve’s collection of Parafield interviews includes:
- 0:04:17 – John McArdle of the Adelaide & Parafield Airports Corporation talks about Parafield’s position in the community and its development masterplan
- 0:10:42 – Chris Sperou walks us through his inverted ribbon cut in his Pitts S-1-11B Super Stinker
- 0:13:54 – Flying Officer Richard Morris is Roulette #7, the commentator & ferry pilot for the RAAF Roulettes formation aerobatic demonstration team
- 0:19:29 – Steve also chats with Sgt Dallas Young & CPL Dean Donohugh, ground crew with the RAAF Roulettes
- 0:22:59 – Adam Butcher from True Aviators talks about the Yak52 adventure rides they’re now providing from Parafield Airport
- 0:27:56 – David Hales from 5DME talks about their video podcast and their new projects
- 0:36:14 – Tammy Augostin tells us about the Australian Women Pilots Association and events coming up for the South Australian & Northern Territory Branch
- 0:42:06 – Brenton Ragless, Channel 9 Adelaide‘s weatherman, was the airshow MC and he talks about his interest in aviation and what was involved in being the voice of the airshow
- 0:49:15 – Steve and Bas wrap up the day’s adventure
In addition to our Parafield Airshow coverage, we also bring you:
- 0:53:40 – The latest “From Up Here to Down There” segment from Pieter Johnson in the UK. He talks with Peter Cesco, a highly experienced glider pilot & director of Fly Down Under. They work with European glider pilots (especially Germans) to give them a flying holiday in South Australia.
You can find more of Pieter’s content on his XTP Media website and his XTP Media Facebook page.
- 1:06:47 – We suggest that Pieter might want to follow up on the new EASA pilot certification regulations that are currently being introduced and how they may affect European pilots training here
- 1:11:22 – Grant visits the B24 Liberator restoration project in Werribee and gets an update from Ron Taaffe on what’s been happening since our last visit. You can see the photos he took in the B24 Visit set on our PCDU Flickr stream
- 1:17:48 – If you want to leave us a voice mail, feel free to use our new SpeakPipe service. We may even play the best ones on the show :)
- Listener Drew McDonald has had to hang up his logbook but has a set of David Clark’s for sale at $200. Contact us if you’re interested in buying them.
- 1:23:19 – Thanks to Josh Bullit on Facebook for his support and great story suggestions
- 1:24:14 – Our friend Doug Worrall has released an eBook version of his Dragon’s of Thin Air (a great book about beating the fear of flying). Most of us know someone who’s afraid of flying, so why not support a great guy & buy a copy for them :)
- Check out our updated CafePress store that’s now full of great PCDU merch featuring our new, cool “wings” logo
- Be sure to sign up to our newsletter to keep up on all the PCDU updates & news
Additional music sourced from JewelBeat.