Podcast: Play in new window | Download (59.0MB)
We’ve made it to the end of day 6 of the Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition (aka Avalon 2011). It’s the final day of the airshow and once again Team PCDU have been flat out interviewing, editing and generally having fun. We’ve spent some time chatting with the crew of a KC-135 inside their aircraft, interviewed a number of acts, caught up with the Temora Aviation Museum crew and generally had a great time.
We’re also acknowledging that these daily episodes should have been called “Daily Avalon Updates” or anything other than “Quick Casts.” To really confirm that, we’ve put quite a lot of content in this episode, including:
- Grant’s chat with Paul Simmons recorded while sitting on the wing of the CA27 Sabre
- Nikolay Timofeev talks about flying aerobatics in his Sukhoi 26
- Anthony Simmons presents a short View from the B52’s Lounge
- Kent Pietsch talks to us about flying the “Jelly Belly” Cadet & his various routines while Chris Williams from the same team talks about driving the mobile landing-platform vehicle
- Being updated by Colonel Seth Bretscher on the amount of work involved in getting so many USAF & USN aircraft & airmen down to Avalon (and why there was no B2 & the F22s didn’t fly)
- An update from Ian Honnery on how the airshow is going so far
- A quick chat with Ed Stubbs, a listener from Perth who came over to Avalon for the show
- The final tarmac updates from Timbo with the warbirds & Papa Smurf at the Keyhole
These Avalon Quick Cast episodes are being sponsored by Aviation Advertiser and supported by Red Baron and Temby Automotive.