Podcast: Play in new window | Download (64.0MB)
We’re back to being our opiniated selves with a backlog of news stories to work through and discuss. Once again Bas Scheffers joins us for some of the news and to discuss a number of RA-Aus items. From Beavers to Tigers and even Kiwi Skyhawks doing battle with bureaucracy, we cover a diverse range of topics including:
- QANTAS shareholders fail to block Dixon’s $3m payment
- Jetstar tight-lipped on Facebook ‘sacking’ (ABC News)
- RedBull AirRace returns to Perth in 2010 (see Tourism West Australia’s release)
- Rocket Lab Primed To Launch New Zealand’s First Rocket Into Space (Voxy.co.nz)
- Crash fears after 10 near misses a year in NSW (Sydney Morning Herald
- Qantas unveils Socceroos 747 (Australian Aviation)
- Jetstar plane evacuated after engine fire (ABC News)
- Virgin Blue 737’s nose wheel ‘disintegrates’ on landing
- Police guard staff after Tiger passengers left stranded (Mex Cooper @ Sydney Morning Herald)
- Qantas passengers stranded for 26 hours(Kate Schneider @ News.com.au)
- Next QANTAS A380s delayed due to technical issues
- Qantas A380 project takes out award (Australian Aviation)
- Russian jets ‘refused’ on Black Saturday (Melissa Jenkins @ NineMSN)
- General Aviation & RA-Aus round-up
- Australia’s centenary of powered flight to be celebrated at Diggers Rest between March 18th & 21st, 2010 (see Victorian government’s release
- RFDS enters jet age (Australian Aviation)
- The Last Super Beaver (Australian Aviation)
- Mayor calls for Jandakot curfew
- Bas reports on his experiences at the Jamestown airshow
- Discussion on changes coming up in RA-Aus (25nm over water, 600kg for non-ISA but no increase of weight to 760kg)
- Bas talks about the AeroScene flying group
- RNZAF A4 Skyhawks battle bureaucracy to get sold
- Update on RAAF Airbus KC-30 MRTT
- $1bn industry package & early availability for a RAN Romeo buy
As usual, our sound effects come from SoundSnap.com and our theme music track is â€œYouNameIt5â€³ by Brian Simpson (aka t3cat5).
Bas – leave the controllers alone! We don’t separate aircraft just on profile, that’s why we use requirements, amended routes, direct tracking, holding, vectors etc because you simply cannot sit and watch more than one conflict. If we did we would be making a lot of assumptions about aircraft performance and many pilots fly the same aircraft type very differently….
Great episode guys
next podcast please ;D !
Don’t worry Jack I have a feeling the next episode will be something “special” – tell your friends
Special -curious face- ?
hmm I’m thinking it’s something to do with ATC Training And How To Become A ATC ect. hehe :D
Jack though I cannot comment on upcoming podcasts that would be a good bet but it may be episode 17 :)
….well thats the rumour, has nothing to do with me!
yeah i think Grant told me that it was “next epidsode” but that was episode 15 so hmmm…
“next”, or “a next”, you know, we lack certain organisational skills at times….
Steve dont forget to edit out all those bits!, maybe you should release the “title”
Don’t worry mate. I’m very thorough with the editing…sometimes!
Thats reassuring Steve! We will have to bribe you with a visit in the future….
I accept in advance. When can I can come????
will organise sometime in the future…..takes a lot of “effort”!!
OK, it’s now the November 10th and 9 days since episode 15. Where’s this rumoured episode 17? In fact, I’d even settle for episode 16
Well, we average about 8 days between episodes if you look at the history of all 15 (plus the Oshkosh promo piece :) Some times it’s 4 days, other times it has been 14, but usually it’s around a week.
You have listened to all the past episodes, haven’t you? Definitely worth checking out the past ones as there are some great interviews and discussions to check out.
Meanwhile, you’ll be happy to know that we’re recording episode 16 tonight and will be releasing it soon(ish) & episode 17 shortly after. Hang in there :)
Oh, if only we didn’t have to go & work every day. If only we could survive by doing the podcast. (places hand dramatically on forehead and looks at the donation button on the home page :) :) :) :)
But seriously, we do what we can around work, families and the randomness of life. Hang in there and more great content is on the way.
PS Given your email address, you wouldn’t happen to be from NZ are you? :)
Tanitaniwha? What makes you say that? :-)