Podcast: Play in new window | Download (79.6MB)
You can always count on this podcast to have some interesting, opinionated and, occasionally, diverse points of view. This episode really brings them all and (bonus!) includes a whole new view as we introduce Anthony Simmons and the “View from the Lounge” segment for your listening pleasure.
We’ve also got another great discussion with Owen Zupp as his trip around Australia draws closer, a quick chat we recorded with David Optimal (one of our listeners) and Bas Scheffers returns (at last) with his friend John Squires to tell us about a fly-away trip they did not too long ago.
Here’s how this episode unfolds:
- Here’s a “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” for you: man attacks plane with machete to prevent his bride-to-be from leaving him.
- We have a discussion with Owen Zupp about
- His trip around Australia (There & Back)
- Flying the DA20 & DA40
- ADSB in Australia and flying RNP approaches
- What it was like to fly with Matt Hall
- We introduce Anthony Simmons and his amusing view on commercial flying in the new segment: “View from the Lounge”
- we recorded a quick chat with listener David Optimal in Steve’s PCDU-Mobile when he came down to visit
us andthe airports around Melbourne
- David Vanderhoof presents another great Aviation History segment
- Bas Scheffers returns with his friend John Squires to tell us about how the Aeroscene Flying Group arranged a fly-in at the Asses Ears Lodge at the Grampians Airfield in Victoria. They also chat briefly about the Parafield Airshow they’re organising for April 2010.
As usual, our theme music track is “YouNameIt5” by Brian Simpson (aka t3cat5) and our sound effects come from SoundSnap.com.
Well done guys one of your best episodes so far. View from the lounge was great can’t wait to hear his discussion on airport security!
Thanks Jeremy, I’m glad you appreciated “The View” – that was the aim when I was discussing the concept with Grant and Steve. Hope you enjoy further episode from the Lounge.
I enjoyed the whole episode.
Watch out, Steve & Grant! Anthony might hit you up for some coin to get onto some more flights for show material……
‘View from the lounge’ was great. Was much like listening to Radio National. Waiting for the next one.
Hi Guys. Brilliant episode. You’re more like an aviation variety show now the ‘news desk’ you started out as; and you’ve created a really good dynamic. Great interviews! ‘View from the lounge’ was excellent. I’m even starting to laugh at Grant’s jokes… which probably means I’m drinking one too many Coronas while listening.
Thanks for the compliments Marty – very much appreciated. As to you starting to laugh at my jokes then yes, WAY too many Coronas! :)
Thanks Benn. Anthony’s having a lot of fun putting the segments together and we have a couple more up in reserve that we’ll include in our next few episodes.
Glad you enjoyed it. If Anthony does start his own podcast, Steve & I will be able to commiserate with the guys from Airplane Geeks :)
Thanks Gents for the endorsements. The next few episodes are currently being sorted out in a very cold Hamburg and I will hand them over to Grant and Steve when I return. So keep listening and I am glad you like them. Cheers, Anthony
Thanks for the shout-out :-)
Any time :)