Flying solo around Australia is a challenging & amazing experience, even today (just ask Owen Zupp :) ). It’s even more mind-blowing when you’re a quadriplegic! This episode Steve & Grant talk to Dave Jacka who is setting out to be the first quadriplegic person to fly solo around Australia! We also include a chat Steve recorded with Laurie Jones from Adventure Wings about his role as a fire-bomber and the Nanchang adventure flights they operate from Tooradin (YTDN) plus a new View from the Lounge and even a competition!
- 0:04:40 – Our chat with Dave Jacka about his flight around Australia and his On a Wing and a Chair charity.
- 0:42:41 – Steve chats with Laurie Jones from Adventure Wings.
- 1:01:15 – The View from the Lounge: Flight or Fright
- 1:07:57 – Listener Mail:
- “Shoeless Joe” from Virginia has completed his PPL
- Andrew van der Saag has some feedback on our Avalon 2013 coverage
- Adam Knight also has comments on our Avalon 2013 coverage (especially the F22 interviews)
- Scott Tavasci is an ex-RAAF C130H pilot and he wanted to correct a small error by Steve regarding his Sydney harbour flight (yes, *that* flight :) )
- 1:17:24 – Shout Outs:
- 1:22:30 – We’re going to help Ryan Campbell’s Teen World Flight by putting some money towards it (along with help from our fantastic audience :) )
- 1:26:10 – we have a competition to win one of three Flight Path TV Series 1 DVD sets but you need to listen to the episode to hear how to win
If you can’t enter the competition or don’t manage to be one of the winners, you can get 20% off the Series 1 DVD pack by purchasing it by using this special 20% discount link. Thanks again to Fletch & Mal from Flight Path TV for making the discount available to our audience.
Don’t forget that our new email address is email@example.com