There’s no denying that aviation has been the home of many innovative ideas when it comes to aerodynamics, systems and so on. Sometimes we even get to hear about innovation in many of the business & training aspects of aviation and this episode is bringing us a few of them, from new ways to bring aviation education to kids through to recognising the need to store aircraft in the Asia/Pacific area. We also have a number of other content items including a few more of our Avalon interviews.
This episode contains:
- Tom Vincent from Asia Pacific Aircraft Storage (APAS) talking about the new “boneyard” facility they are creating at Alice Springs in the middle of Australia
- Angelina Morino from Aus Air Services joins us again to review their past year of operation and discuss their involvement with Brentwood College (Steve’s old high school) to provide aviation study to students. They’re also planning to extend this out to other high schools in the area. NOTE: As with Peter Dow at TVSA, it’s great to see local flying schools thinking outside the box to make it easier and/or cheaper to learn to fly)
- Some more content from Avalon, including:
- The crew of a KC135 tanker
- Flying Officer Johnno Pearson on flying the F/A-18 Hornet
- Flight Lt Liam Webler, a techo who helps to keep the F/A-18 Hornet in the air
- Steve & Lisa Ruffles talk about their Eagle School of Microlighting at Porepunkah
We wrap up with the following Listener Mail and Shout Outs:
- Miles Rados wrote in about gliding at Tocumwal
- Toby Robb wrote in about Steve’s recent microphone levels and had some comments on our recent chat with Dick Smith
- The Airplane Geeks podcast reaches episode 150 – well done, guys!
- Kudos to the RAAF social media team for helping to promote our work via the “I love jet noise” Facebook page
- There’s a new aviation podcast – The Stuck Mic AvCast – from the folks at The Pilot Report. They’re two episodes in and have been producing great content so far
- PCDU can now be found on Stitcher & SlapDash Radio
- Thanks to all those who’ve left feedback at the iTunes store – much appreciated and keep it up!
- Don’t forget to check out our website where we’ve made some recent layout changes plus we’ve also been loading more videos on our YouTube channel.