Podcast: Play in new window | Download (55.8MB)
The Australian International Airshow (aka Avalon 2011) is over but the show must go on. We have mountains of content from Avalon 2011 in addition to the interviews we released in each of our daily episodes.
Yes, that’s right: If you haven’t downloaded & listened to each of the daily episodes then you should stop right now and go do it. There is some amazing content in those episodes that will NOT be in the post-show Avalon episodes, including F22 Raptor pilots, B1B crew, Dr Brendan Nelson, remote tower systems, Simmo & the CA27 Sabre plus much much more.
This episode we focus on the Trade Show aspect of Avalon 2011, gathering together the interviews we recorded with various corporations during the first few days of the show:
- Dan Schroter, head of strategy & business development at BAe Systems, talks to us about BAe Systems’ work in Australia
- Paul Cooke, director of business development in defense avionics at BAe Systems, talks to us about their amazing Q-Sight system
- Walter Kreitler, direct of BAMS UAS business development at Northrop Grumman talks to us about the Broad Area Maritime Surveillance system
- Mike Fuqua, director of tactical unmanned systems at Northrop Grumman, talks to us about the MQ-8B Fire Scout helicopter UAS
- Paul Levett, CEO of Levett Engineering, talks to us about landing more work with Pratt & Whitney on the F35 JSF’s 135 engine
After some intense trade show coverage, we also step back a bit with the latest ‘View from the Lounge’ update from Anthony Simmons before winding up the episode with some Listener Mail:
- David Thornton says “Hi” from the UK and thinks our Avalon Quick Cast episodes were just like being there.
- Mac Coble from Florida
- Bruce Dickerson from Georgia
We also have a few important shout outs:
- Gary Towart who helped escort us at the KC135 and warbirds tarmac, preventing us from getting hassled :)
- MozzMan from SRS Photography who escorted us during our interviews with Nikolay, Bob, Kent & Chris plus took a few photos of us in action
- Ian Kershaw who’s put together our new audience survey
- We now have a PCDU Flickr stream where our Avalon 2011 photos are being loaded along with others from past events
Thanks once again for downloading & listening to our show. Be sure to catch up with our Avalon Daily episodes as there is lots of great content in those too.