Most people interested or involved in aviation have a special love for warbirds and antique aircraft and we at PCDU are certainly no exception. This episode features a number of interviews with pilots of Warbirds & antique aircraft that were recorded at Avalon Airshow and at Point Cook when the RAAF Pilgrimage arrived.
The RAAF Pilgrimage was held to celebrate the 90th birthday of the RAAF & comprised a collection of more than 50 aircraft that flew from Temora to Tocumwal to Ballarat and finally to Point Cook. The Pilgrimage aicraft arrived at Point Cook (the birth place of the RAAF) and we were there to greet them.
This episode contains the following interviews from the RAAF Pilgrimage:
- Air Commodore Rodney Luke
- Steve Death
- Doug Hamilton
- Egon Mahr from the Russian Roolettes
- Col Griffin & Warren Canning
We also have some other warbird related discussions, including:
- Kenny Love, CEO of the Temora Aviation Museum
- Ben Morgan from Aviation Advertiser and the Macchi 326H restoration project he is a member of
- Darren “Buster” Crabb
- Gus Lerrard
We then round out the episode with:
- Listener Mail:
- Ed Stubbs
- Ed Stubbs
- Shout Outs:
- Ken & Tim get recognition for their Millions Against Malaria flight
- Matt from New St Films for the help with our photo shoots
- Listener Andrew Tsousis for putting us in touch with Ben Merkenhof
- Iat-Fai Leong for his support of the show
- Erk for his support & his new book
We also have some additional content that can be found in our Extras section. This time we have a recording of the post-flight debrief by the Yak Attack formation pilots.
Finally, we would like to offer our condolences to our friend Milford Shirley from the Flight Time Radio Show in Florida, USA, who’s wife Barbara passed away recently.