You can always count on this podcast to have some interesting, opinionated and, occasionally, diverse points of view. This episode really brings them all and (bonus!) includes a whole new view as we introduce Anthony Simmons and the “View from the Lounge” segment for your listening pleasure.
We’ve also got another great discussion with Owen Zupp as his trip around Australia draws closer, a quick chat we recorded with David Optimal (one of our listeners) and Bas Scheffers returns (at last) with his friend John Squires to tell us about a fly-away trip they did not too long ago.
Here’s how this episode unfolds:
- Here’s a “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” for you: man attacks plane with machete to prevent his bride-to-be from leaving him.
- We have a discussion with Owen Zupp about
- His trip around Australia (There & Back)
- Flying the DA20 & DA40
- ADSB in Australia and flying RNP approaches
- What it was like to fly with Matt Hall
- We introduce Anthony Simmons and his amusing view on commercial flying in the new segment: “View from the Lounge”
- we recorded a quick chat with listener David Optimal in Steve’s PCDU-Mobile when he came down to visit
us andthe airports around Melbourne
- David Vanderhoof presents another great Aviation History segment
- Bas Scheffers returns with his friend John Squires to tell us about how the Aeroscene Flying Group arranged a fly-in at the Asses Ears Lodge at the Grampians Airfield in Victoria. They also chat briefly about the Parafield Airshow they’re organising for April 2010.
As usual, our theme music track is “YouNameIt5” by Brian Simpson (aka t3cat5) and our sound effects come from SoundSnap.com.