Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 2:13:20 — 91.9MB)
September 2013 rolled around and it was time for the second AusFly event at Narromine in New South Wales. Team PCDU squeezed into a bus that was loaded with Analog Al’s airshow PA system, our gear and a certain trade stand then drove over 800km in a day to get there. Whew!
Once there we cleared out the studio, set up the sound system & got ready to run AusFly Radio & do the air display commentary. We applied the lessons we learned from AusFly 2012 and, over the course of the event, wound up learning all new lessons so AusFly 2014 will be even better. We also recorded a stack of content and have packaged some of it up into this first AusFly 2013 episode. Even though it’s over 2 hours long, there’s still more yet to come but we’ll save that for later episodes.
For now, here’s the AusFly 2013 content we have for you in this episode:
- 0:02:13 – Ben Jones joins us for a recap of AusFly 2013 with David Brown from the SAAA.
- 0:09:32 – Rob Fisher from Superior Air Parts covers the aviation components & parts they’re able to supply
- 0:15:01 – Anton Meier from Aerosport Aviation in New Zealand talks about the Triton Sport, a derivation of the Sport Cruiser
- 0:21:27 – Russell Milton from Atlas Aviation Australia talks about their SkyLeader aircraft
- 0:26:22 – Stephen Gale talks us through learning to fly the SIA Marchetti S211 jet with input from Willie “Godfather” Chew (ex-RSAF instructor). We’re also joined by Jodie Davis from SkyThrills who went flying with Stephen in the jet.
- 0:34:13 – Allan Barton from Zenair Australia tells us about the Zenith aircraft they’re importing from the USA
- 0:37:11 – Dianne McNamara produces custom aircraft covers for Punkin Head Air Sports
- 0:43:08 – Michael Coates represents Pipistrel in Australia
- 0:51:36 – David Baddams runs Snow Goose International and ferries aircraft around the world. He also flew David Brown’s RV10 in an RV formation at AusFly
- 1:00:31 – Grant & Ben chat with Dick Smith and Ryan Campbell about flying solo around the world
- 1:09:50 – Amanda Pond from Puddle To Pond Financial talks about life insurance for pilots
- 1:13:45 – Steve & Ben talk to Paul Holler & Norm Edmunds from the SAAA about home building aircraft
- 1:38:17 – Bas Scheffers went up with Jeremy from SkyThrills to do some aerobatics in their Super Decathalon. He also tells us a bit about the latest OzRunways news
- 1:46:14 – Steve, Grant, Ben & David Brown wrap up their AusFly 2013 review
Don’t forget to go & support Steven Pam’s Airheads documentary, a movie that desperately needs to be made.