We recorded so much content at Avalon 2023 that it’s going to take a few more episodes to get it all released. This episode brings us the Scandanavian wing walker team, the return of Timbo’s Tarmac and a chat with UK aerobatic pilot Mark Jefferies and Dee Ebeling from Perth, so lets lean into the slipstream and have a listen.
This episode flies past with:
- 06:42 Scandanavian Airshows’ Sky Cats wing walker team presented their Cat Walk show while at Avalon and Grant caught up with them to find out what’s involved and how they got into this form of aviation.
- 18:33 Grant catches up with Timbo and the tarmac crew, hanging out in the Keyhole where the heavy metal gets parked (tankers, transports, etc) to get an update on how the show was from their perspective as they parked aircraft despite the crowds of visitors.
- 26:45 Mark Jefferies talks about getting to Australia, bringing an Extra NG aerobatic aircraft over from Perth and his day and night shows.
- 32:58 Dee Ebeling talks about the Extra NG and also gives us an update on Awesome Aviation‘s developments since we last had him on the show in 2013.
- 43:00 We have some listener mail from Andrew van der Saag.
As we wrap up this episode, we’d like to give a shout out to the Royal Flying Doctor Service and their need for donations to help cover their fuel bill, which is a major part of their costs, especially as fuel prices keep going up. If you have a few shekels and want to support a very worthy cause, please go to their site and help out.