As all good things must come to an end, so too must our time at Oshkosh 2011. It’s been an incredible event for us and an eye-opener to just how large this Mecca of all things aviation truly is. With our final day at the show, we’ve produced a chunky episode packed full of *some* of the content we picked up here. There’s still more to come in subsequent episodes including a focus on the teams on site from New Zealand, the Bonanzas to Oshkosh group and GippsAero.
For now, here’s a list of what you’ll find in episode 72: Oshcast #3 (Hugging your Roo):
- Steve chats with Amy Laboda from Women in Aviation International
- Boyd Dellwo is an Australian listener who is now working with The Spaceship Company on White Knight 2 and Spaceship 2
- David talks to Steve Sorenson who flew a Rutan Defiant from the USA to Australia & back
- David also provides us with “A view from the tent” segment
- Bas Scheffers air tests the Remos Light Sport Aircraft
- Steve chats with Shelly Ventura of the Ninety Nines
- David talks with James Weeby about the Belite ultralight aircraft
- Steve chats with Butch Bajner about the Young Eagles Program
- Steve catches up with a South African tour group who are attending the show
After all this, we wrap up the show with a discussion between Steve, Grant, Bas, David & Mike, closing off our on-show coverage of Oshkosh 2011.