This episode we’re joined by Bas Scheffers, a Recreational Aviation Australia pilot (our version of the US Sport Pilot rules) who flies out of Parafield airport (YPPF) in Adelaide, South Australia. We have a great chat about flying RA-Aus aircraft, GAAP issues, the benefits of learning to fly under RA-Aus instead of the usual GA, the information available from the recreational flying community and even discuss the new AAAF Forum (Forum for free speech on industry: AAAF – Steve Creedy @ The Australian).
After our great chat with Bas, we move on to our usual opinionated regional news review which includes the following items:
- David Vanderhoof provides a “This week in Australian aviation history” segment for us
- In Dust we Trust
- Tiger Airlines strands people at Mackay:
- Geoff Dixon’s golden parachute from QANTAS
- High-speed thrills as Thunderbirds roll in: USAF (Mike Glynn @ The Australian)
- Boeing To Test Military Airplane Over Hood Canal (Q13 Fox News)
- Final boarding call: empty bladders only (Mark Willacy @ ABC News)
Please note that our sound effects come from SoundSnap.com and our theme music track is “YouNameIt5” by Brian Simpson (aka t3cat5).