We’ve launched our first episode of Avalon 2017 coverage and it contains the following items:
- Kimberley Turner from Aerosafe
- Patrick Coleman from Garmin
- Associate Professor Andrew Kornberg and the Fly for the Kids charity
- Matt Hall on the F-35A and also on his new aircraft for the Red Bull Air Race
- Kurt Lyall from RocketRoute and Alan Wilson from AirBP
- Steve’s F-35A news bulletins for AIR News
- Kreisha Ballentyne-Dickes from Cirrus Australia
- Heidi Fedak from Gulfstream
- Timbo’s Tarmac
You can access the episode and its show notes here: PCDU Episode 130: Avalon 2017 – Alpha
As if that wasn’t enough, previously back in February we’d also released Episode 129 which had both Steve & Grant going back to school on separate occasions. For this episode, Steve spent some time at his old Secondary Collage (Brentwood) with the RAAF F/A-18A simulator and then Grant spent some time with TVSA out at Bacchus Marsh aerodrome discussing options for learning to fly (and flying the very sexy Bristell LSA tail dragger :) ).
You can access the episode and its show notes here: PCDU Episode 129: Going Back to School.
Steve, Grant and Maikha were on-site at Avalon recording plenty of content and this episode is our first collection of audio content covering some of the companies, people and aircraft we encountered while there. Steve & Grant have already started editing the next batch of content for Episode 131 and Maikha’s starting to wade through all the video he collected so we can show you a few of the sights from the event (and there were many!).
For now, enjoy Episode 130 (Avalon 2017 – Alpha) which unfolds as:
- 0:03:18 – Grant meets with Kimberley Turner, CEO and founder of Aerosafe, and chats about her love of aviation, founding Aerosafe twenty years ago and the company’s operations in the aviation safety and risk management environment.
- 0:19:18 – Steve catches up with Patrick Coleman from Garmin to review a number of their products including the G1000 & glass cockpits, ADSB transponders, the G5 digital primary attitude indicator, the status of ADSB deployment in the USA and Australia and interfacing with their systems via tablets and cards.
- 0:26:14 – Maikha talks to Associate Professor Andrew Kornberg about his flying experiences, the Fly for the Kids charity that he runs and the month long circumnavigation of Australia flight he is about to start to raise funds for the charity.
- 0:40:02 – Steve chats with Matt Hall about the F-35A compared to the F/A-18A Classic Hornet then tells us about his new aircraft for this season’s Red Bull Air Race.
- 0:49:00 – Steve reminds you to leave us a review on iTunes or help support the show via our Patreon page.
- 0:50:22 – Grant walks through the Rocket Route fuel app with Kurt Lyall and then talks with Alan Wilson about AirBP‘s sponsorship of the app.
- 1:00:23 – During the show Steve was exercising his radio reporter voice and provided a number of F-35A related bulletins for Australian Independent Radio News, one of which we’ve included here.
- 1:00:52 – Steve tries to get Kreisha Ballentyne-Dickes’ awesome job with Cirrus Australia but she was too quick for that so instead they talk about Cirrus aircraft, training packages and the SF50 Vision jet.
- 1:07:22 – Grant once again gets to hang out with Heidi Fedak, Gulfstream‘s Director of Corporate Communications, as they chat inside a G650ER. It’s an amazing corporate jet and the perfect location to talk about Gulfstream’s biggest & fastest jet, their range and the current corporate market.
- 1:16:42 – It wouldn’t be PCDU’s Avalon coverage if we didn’t have a Timbo’s Tarmac section and this time Steve joins Grant to chat with Timbo and he braves the background noise of a BAE Hawk 127 flying past then an F-16 starting up to tell us what’s been happening air-side at the show.
- 1:20:24 – Steve wraps up the episode.
Gulfstream G650ER Interior
RAAF F-35As parking for the media briefing
Maikha mixing it up with the media camera folks
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 56:38 — 39.1MB)
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
Day Five of the Avalon Airshow 2013 is the first full public day and they turned out in force to enjoy great aviation action under clear blue skies. Despite the crowds we still managed to get around the airport to complete a number of interviews & meet up with plenty of people.
This episode includes:
- Grant’s interviews with some RAAF AP-3C crew:
- Air Combat Officer (ACO) Flying Officer Tristan Hull
- Demonstration pilot Flight Lieutenant James Pears
- Steve talks to Jacqui Carlon from Piper about their latest Garmin equipped Seminole on display
- Grant & Ben Jones talk to Bob & Laurie Carlton about their jet powered Salto glider demonstration
- Steve & Grant talk to Owen & Kirrily Zupp
- ATC_Ben helps out with Timbo’s Tarmac and In the Keyhole with Papa Smurf