Steve & Grant discuss all the latest news items that were of interest over the past couple of weeks. Steve also gets to have a few “c’est la vent” moments on some topics that were annoying him.
As if all that wasn’t enough, we also have a chat with Owen Zupp and reveal the winner of our first ever give away competition. Sorry, you’ll have to listen to the episode to discover who were the close runners up and who was the winner :)
So, sit back, relax and enjoy episode 16, in which we discuss:
- Jetstar engine fire forces evacuation at Newcastle airport (ABC News)
- Victoria launches bid for Red Bull Air Race (Australian Aviation)
- We both express displeasure that the Red Bull Air Race was not available online via web-streaming for Australians despite Channel 10 not showing it live
- V Australia to get 777-200LRs?
- We discuss Air New Zealand replacing its 737-300’s with A320’s
- Air New Zealand’s Chris Nassenstein Tapped For Qantas Post (Aero-News Net)
- We discuss the political turn-around associated Victoria trialling heavy jet fire bombers
- It seems that it’s not just in the USA that airline pilots make silly mistakes
- We chat with Owen Zupp about our recent competition, the runners up and the big winner
- David Vanderhoof provides a look at “this week in aviation”
- Qantas will not be ‘Jetstarised': Joyce (The Age)
- We discuss the expansion of Tiger Airways as they open new routes
- Steve has a major “What Cheese Me Off!” session about the advertising for Melbourne Airport (you can see the adverts as a banner on the Melbourne Airport website
- We discuss JAL’s new premium economy class seating on the Sydney to Narita route (thanks to Dan Web for the lead)
- Final F-111 exits deep maintenance (Australia Aviation)
- Boeing completes Wedgetail counter-measures testing (Australian Aviation) (plus a ‘heads up’ by David Vanderhoof)
- We review some listener mail
As usual, our sound effects come from SoundSnap.com and our theme music track is “YouNameIt5″ by Brian Simpson (aka t3cat5).